“We believe that interoperability is key for the development of Web3 and achieving our mission of an Open Metaverse”– Jamie Burke, Founder & CEO at Outlier Ventures.
We have been following Polkadot since its beginnings in 2017, but around 1 year ago, Outlier Ventures made a commitment to actively contribute to the ecosystem’s development, cue the creation of our Polkadot Base Camp accelerator program. At that time, only 5 parachains were active in Kusama and much of the key infrastructure was still to be developed. Today, there are close to 50 parachain slots that have been secured across Polkadot and Kusama, with several multi-million dollar networks in place, making Polkadot the second most active ecosystem in web3.
We believe we have directly contributed to Polkadot’s development, and we are happy to announce our new Polkadot Base Camp cohort. We are accelerating 6 great teams from all over the globe, bringing the total number of teams building in the Polkadot ecosystem, in our portfolio, to 18. This new cohort includes projects building on all fronts in Polkadot, parachains, core infrastructure, and dApps. Our teams are covering key areas such as AI, Identity, Security, DeFi, Virtual Worlds & Avatars, and Quantum Computing.
GBC.AI – Guardians of the Blockchain create Artificial Intelligence Superpower tools to enhance and protect Blockchains
- Blockchains are nascent and experiencing infinite growing pains such as, but not limited to: delays, bottlenecks, attacks, hacks, spamming, security concerns, and dropouts.
- When a Blockchain experiences any of these issues, more often than not, the entire network needs to be stopped to fix the issue.
- The services and protocols utilising the Blockchain also stop functioning, such as DAOs, DeFi, Virtual Worlds, NFTs, Tokens, TradFi, Supply Chains, Governments services, and essential privacy reliant Healthcare Systems.
- GBC.AI constructs proprietary AI-powered products and services to detect protocol issues and ensure vulnerabilities are pre-emptively dealt with before becoming problems, keeping blockchains efficient and safe while still allowing for exponential growth.
- GBC.AI’s “Wallet Guardian” protects Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets investors’ wallets, providing “Do Your Own Research” with one click to detect malicious smart contracts before interacting.
Linking Realities – The Universal Avatar Standard (UAS) to introduce greater interoperability in the metaverse
- Fragmented virtual worlds lead to fragmented liquidity and identity.
- Interoperability is foregone for walled gardens.
- Linking Realities creates a standard for avatars and identities to be portable across worlds.
- The UAS is materializing the concept of web3 with user-owned universal identities and avatar standards.
logion – logion’s ambition is to be the blockchain infrastructure of “Safe Digital Ownership”, to allow users to protect the value they create and exchange
- Without safe digital ownership, there is no blockchain mass adoption. The current infrastructure means many are riddled with lost wallets, tokens or NFT underlying asset existence fraud or disappearance, IP rights violations.
- To put this in perspective, over 80% of NFTs on OpenSea are plagiarized works. Chainalysis estimates bitcoin value in lost wallets amounts to $140B. Only 74% of Tether stable coin is backed by cash or equivalent.
logion is the only public blockchain where token data is genuinely transformed into certified evidence (zero knowledge proof architecture) and tokens are safeguarded (social recovery and multisig) by a decentralized network of legal officers.
qBitCloud– The distributed quantum computing hub for web3 and beyond
- Quantum computing is a massive leap forward in computational ability, but access to it remains restricted.
- Asymmetries form when access to resources is fragmented.
- qBitCloud is a distributed quantum computer, and provides quantum computing as a service.
- It provides an on-chain virtual machine for distributed quantum computation, enabling decentralised contribution and optimised management of quantum computing resources.
Vorlds – Vorlds is India’s creator-focused web3 metaverse platform where users can discover new worlds & build their own home in the metaverse! 🚀
- Current metaverse platforms are closed & restrictive in nature.
- Newcomers to web3 find it extremely hard to navigate this barrier to entry.
- Vorlds is an interoperable, multi-chain, and no-code platform to build and publish multiplayer virtual worlds.
- They provide users with a soft-landing to web3 tech in a friendly and engaging way!
Yanda – HyFi (Hybrid Finance) protocol leveraging CEX infrastructure to bridge CeFi and DeFi
- Currently, the only way to transfer native assets cross-chain is either through bridges or cross-chain DEX.
- The high gas fees, high slippage and security concerns are turning users away.
- Yanda is building a Proof-of-rust protocol to link CeFi and DeFi.
- Yanda provides a cross-chain swap solution, utilising CEXs’ order books to reduce slippage and liquidity issues
Please follow and support our cohort on social media channels and keep in mind that if you are building in Web 3 and might be interested in joining our next cohort you can pre-register your startup here for the next time when applications open. You can also book a call with the Outlier Ventures team during our office hours.
Sign up to