The Outlier Ventures Blockchain Startup TrackerAugust 2016
Launching The Blockchain Startup Tracker
Today we are officially opening up our database of startups through the launch of a Blockchain Startup Tracker. With over 760+ startups and growing from across the globe it makes it the World’s largest and most comprehensive public database of its kind.
Because we power Blockchain Angels, the World’s largest network of professional investors dedicated to blockchain including over 400+ angels and VCs, it means startups listed in it can quickly and easily gain visibility to the most active investors in the space to increase deal-flow. Being able to directly make submissions themselves and keep their profiles up to date as they progress.
The ecosystem aims to be the go-to resource for investors active in the blockchain space and we have committed teams tracking every public start-up as far back as 2012 including corporate venturing activity. Unlike Coindesk’s data, our data covers everything from basic POCs all the way to Series A.
The feedback was just hearing about those that have completed their Series A round is often too late for investors. They want to see where the innovation is happening and it’s not always in the obvious places. This gives our network an edge which is why many of the top investors use us for insights.
Because of the work we do at Blockchain Angels, speaking with at least 2 startups a day, we know who their teams are, the sectors they are targeting, and even what tech stack they are using. Along the way we track if they fold or pivot as well as levels of funding and investment stage.
By signing up by email you can also receive deeper insights and analysis to track trends and significant events live as they happen in a monthly newsletter from the Outlier Ventures research team headed by Lawrence Lundy who leads investor insights for Blockchain Angels.
Data can be segmented live in charts at the Blockchain Angels site and can be embedded live in blogs through a simple widget.
- If you are an entrepreneur, raise your profile with investors and increase your chances of securing funding as well as be assessed to pitch at a Blockchain Angels event by adding your startup here.
- If you are an investor, and want to understand the opportunities in the blockchain market sign up here for regular insights including region and country level breakdowns, latest funding rounds, technology trends and a curated list of the most investable companies.
An example of some of the insights investors can expect include:
- The infrastructure layer in the blockchain stack still dominates in terms of total numbers with 42.7% of startups addressing Infrastructure, Financial Exchanges and Trading, and Wallets.
- The application layer has begun to see huge growth with 4.3% using blockchain technology to provide provenance services across a range of different industries from diamonds, wine and the logistics supply chain.
- We now see 3.5% of startups applying blockchain technology to Governance & Transparency use cases