Bermuda is one of the only environments with regulatory equivalence with the US and EU and the ‘Risk capital’ of the world, for insurance and reinsurance. Their Premier, the youngest in his country’s history and with a masters in IT from George Washington, holds a uniquely high level of technical literacy talks with refreshing nuance about creating an innovation first environment to evolve Web 3 startups, in particular in Digital Assets and DeFi, without the licensing overhead burden whilst still maintaining a world beating standard in compliance. And how opacity hinders crypto and why choosing a ‘transparency focused jurisdiction’ like Bermuda vs ‘privacy jurisdiction’ is key for Web 3 startups to be accepted by industry and capital markets.
- World leading Digital Currency Standard Initiative
- Bermuda: The ‘Risk capital’ of the world
- Incubated Fintech as the new global export
- Choosing high level vs regulatory arbitrage
- Going ‘over the top’ of Central Bank Crypto Currencies
- Developing a digital assets business act & framework