Stani talks about why coming out of the Nordics so early Aave (previously ETH Lend) they had no choice but to be community financed and therefore driven as well as the challenges and benefits of being a first mover in Web 3, and why in DeFi there are no competitors only direct or indirect cooperation. We explore how they evolved their token, its features and governance over time and their Vertical rather than purely Horizontal approach to product development and customer acquisition as well as how he believes DeFi will both interact with and consume Fintech.
- Community financing vs VC
- Being first mover in Web 3
- The origins of DeFi
- Why do the Nordic countries punch above their weight in DeFi
- Evolving token economies and governance
- Professionalising DeFi, tackling risk and security
- Vertical vs Horizontal business models in crypto